Follow Us On:
Are the tyres inflated at correct pressure?
PSI (check with cold tyres only)
|Normal Load up to 3 persons||Full load over 3 persons|
Use of fuel additives
The regular use of fuel additive (Iftex System â€“G) as preventive measure will help reduce formation of carbon gum & other deposits inside engine on intake valves, spark plugs, injectors & combustion chamber etc thereby maintaining the fuel economy, proper pick up, cleaner exhaust & durability of engine.
Are you driving in low gears to make your engine a fuel-holic ?
- It is wrong to assume that 5th overdrive gear is only for high speed highway driving. Use of 5th overdrive gear in city driving will greatly help improve fuel economy.
- Maximise use of 5th gear & drive at cost conscious speed of 45-55 kmph.
Avoid frequent Gear changes, Acceleration & Braking
Through planned driving by looking ahead & judging the speed of other vehicles & timing of lights, unnecessary stopping & starting can be avoided.
Idling car is the devil workshop
- Do not keep the engine running longer than two minutes while waiting for somebody, loading or unloading, or while being stopped by congested traffic or signal.
- Your car keeps losing around one kilometre of travel for every three minutes of idling.
Do not ride the clutch pedal?
Do not drive your foot resting on the clutch pedal. This will cause clutch slippage resulting in more fuel consumption & premature clutch wear & damage.
Use air conditioner judiciously
- Depending upon car size, driving speed, traffic conditions and ambient temperature upto 20% or more fuel is consumed when the airconditioner is on.
- Judicious use of AC can result in considerable fuel saving.
Regular service saves fuel
- Regular service rejuvenates your car, improve its performance and helps to identify & correct small problems before they become bigger & expensive.
- Regular serviced and properly tuned car can save upto 6% fuel and expensive repairs.
Use Ford Genuine Spares
Choose Ford genuine spares, lubricants and accessories to increase the engineâ€™s long life & smooth performance.
Shortcuts may take longer
Shorter roads at times may be congested and end up taking longer time. It requires you to use the clutch and break more than a less congested roads and possibly longer route.
Maintenance and Care
- Operation of all lights
- Replace burnt out fuses & bulbs
- Make sure all lamp lenses are clean
- Operation of handbrake
- Operation of horn
When Refueling Check
- Engine oil level
- Windscreen washer fluid level
- Brake oil level
- Tyre Pressure & condition
Once a Week Check
- Coolant level
- Battery electrolyte level
- Assemblies, pipes, hoses & reservoirs for a leaks
- Power steering fluid level
- Operate air conditioning system for Minimum 5minutes a week
Ford Service Schedule
- 1st Service: 3 months or 5000 kms *
- 2nd Service: 6 months or 10,000 kms *
- Diesel Engines: 3 months or 5000 kms *
- Petrol Engines: 6 months or 10,000 kms *
* whichever occurs earlier
Note: Always get your vehicle serviced from Ford Dealers only. They know your car better
Do's and Dont's
- Switch off the ignition and all the electrical equipment before changing a fuse or relay
- Check warning lights indication during engine running/driving
- The reverse gear should be engaged only when the vehicle is stationary & after waiting for 3 sec in neutral
- Keep luggage as low and as close to the rear seat back rest as possible
- Use Ford approved Iftex fuel additive
- Use Ford approved Wash fluid concentrate for improving wiping efficiency
- Cover your vehicle under Ford extended warranty program for peace of mind motoring
- Hold steering locked at extreme end position for more than 5 sec
- Run vehicle if engine oil, coolant, power steering or brake fluid is below minimum level
- Run on flat tyres. Replace with spare immediately
- Replace fuses with wires or higher rating fuses than allowed
- Run out of fuel, especially diesel due to air entry into fuel system
- Allow engine to run with a disconnected spark plug terminals
- Switch off ignition while driving
- Use incorrect brake fluid
- Use spurious parts
Do you know?
- Fuel and Temperature gauges are only indicative
- In case of break down use Hazard lights & keep safety triangle on the boot
- In case of certain kinds of accidents â€˜fuel cut-off switchâ€™ gets activated (Petrol only)
- All points to be checked in the engine compartment are marked in yellow
- Depress clutch before starting the Engine
- Fasten your seat belts
- Always keep â€˜First aid kitâ€™ in the car
- Always remove the ignition key when leaving children alone in the vehicle
- Activate child lock when children are seated
- Adjust head restraints to the head level
- Adjust your seat while vehicle is stationary
- Use turn signals appropriately
- Use Ford genuine parts
- Do not keep any loose items in driver foot area (e.g shoes, slippers, bottles, etc)
- Adjust all three mirrors prior to starting your car
- Never remove the coolant tank filler cap when the engine is hot
- Do not work underneath your vehicle when it is raised with a vehicle jack
- Do not shut off an engine when vehicle is in motion
- Do not drive the vehicle under influence of alcohol
- Follow traffic rules
When you are away
- Wash the vehicle thoroughly, remove all deposits from the underbody including wheel arches
- Check/top-up engine, transaxle and brake oil levels
- Add fuel additives in the fuel tank with sufficient quantity of fuel
- Release the hand brake and chock the wheels (use blocks)
- Increase the tyre pressure to 0.4 bar
- Cover wiper blade with polythene bags or remove & store inside the vehicle
- If blades are removed, the arms must be wrapped to avoid damage to the windshield screen
- Protect fabrics against fade by masking the inside of windows with paper
- Put de-humidifying agents such as silica gel near the air intakes.
In case of Breakdown
- Give a call: 9862564394